Do you enjoy explaining how judoka could improve their Judo?
Blackwater JC needs people like you (although it is accepted that not all judoka enjoy teaching):
- See Could I be a coach?
- Suggestions for teaching basics, see Beginners Lessons.
- Not sure what mokuso is, see – Sensei’s Mokuso
Blackwater’s coaching path has several steps to build an instructor’s confidence. At each stage you will be supported by more experienced coaches.
- Juniors are encouraged to help Senior Coaches to teach lower grade juniors or foundation grades. Click here for Advice for Junior Instructors and Assistants .
- Junior Blue Belts who are over 14 are encouraged to work towards being an Assistant Junior Instructor.
- Junior Brown Belts who have completed their Assistant Junior Instructor training can progress to become a Junior instructor
- SENIOR 3rd Kyu’s who regularly work alongside Senior coaches can start their coaching careers as an Assistant Club Instructor.
- SENIOR 2nd Kyu’s who will have more experience and be expected to show greater confidence in Instructing can be Senior Club Instructor. They will have gained teaching experience by already acting as an ACI.
- SENIOR 1st Kyu’s can start on their coaching pathway as a (Blackwater) Club Coach. They will have gained teaching experience by already acting as a SCI.
- DAN GRADES can progress to become a Senior Club Coach – it is accepted that not all Black Belts want the responsibility of coaching but as most enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience it is advisable to consider how to teach safely and to have that ability recognised.
All Instructor and Coaching grades are discretionary awards; promotion to any level is by recommendation and requires the agreement of a majority of Blackwater Dan Grades.
Any queries should be addressed to Sensei John, Sensei Sandra or Sensei Sam
Queries about coaching can be posted on The Official Blackwater Judo Club Facebook page