Competitive judo is where judoka get the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. To do this safely judoka need officials to ensure fair play.
- referees make sure rules are obeyed for safety and fairness.
- recorders keep a record of who scored what and who has fought whom
- timekeepers keep track of how long competitors have to prove their ability
- Senior Table Officials look after the timekeepers and recorders helping them to do their job
- Event Organisers arrange the venue and makes sure everyone is kept safe and comfortable
- The Senior Event Referee gets the blame when anything goes wrong.